JOIN MY TEAM

Wednesday 21 October 2020

Slimline Christmas Triple Easel Card

 October 21, 2020

Hello everyone. Today I made my first Christmas card! It's been in my mind for a while but I wanted to finish up some other things first.

Slimline cards are really trending right now. They usually fit in to an A10 envelope which is a business envelope that measures 4 1/8" X 9 1/2". You can always make your own envelope to fit your card. I have seen some templates for envelopes on Pinterest.

I saw this idea in a magazine. I didn't have any Stampin' Up! images small enough to use except for the sentiment.




For this card you will need an 8 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white card stock folded at 2 3/4" to make a tent fold card base. You will also need three 2 1/4" squares of white and three pieces cut at 1 1/4" X 3/4".

For black card stock you will need an 8" X 2 1/2" piece, three 2 3/4" squares and three pieces cut at      1 1/2" X 1".

For the red card stock you will need an 7 3/4" X 2 1/4" piece, three 2 1/2" squares and three pieces cut at 1 3/8" X 7/8". 

As I always say, it's your card so feel free to choose whatever colours that go with your images!

Okay. After you fold your card base in half use your trimmer, scissors or craft knife to cut one side into 3 equal sections which would be every 2 3/4". Go up to the fold but not through it. HINT: I used my trimmer to cut almost to the fold and then my scissors to cut to the fold. You then diagonally score and fold each section to form the backs of the easels. Think which way you need to fold first.




If you score one the wrong way, don't worry --I did - lol.

Just fold it diagonally the right way making sure that the corners line up.

Use your bone folder and press all of the fold lines.







Next, layer the black and red mats on to the uncut side leaving even borders.

Stamp your images onto the 3 white squares and colour them. I used blends and markers for mine. Also stamp the "Ho" onto the small white pieces. Then layer the squares together and also the small rectangles.

Attach the squares to the easels. I find it best to put adhesive on the unattached triangle paper(white card stock) and then line up your square with the bottom so that no white edges show and adhere.




This is what it should look like from behind.





Use a bone folder again to make sure that all of your folds are crisp. Finally, position your easels and put the "stopper" -- the Ho pieces -- on dimensionals in front. I used Stampin' Up! black dimensionals. I absolutely love them!!! Your paper looks like it is floating. You can often see the white ones on dark card stock. I don't want everyone to be looking at my dimensionals instead of my card!





Happy creating,

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment