JOIN MY TEAM

Saturday 17 October 2020

You're PAR above the rest - Country Club Paper

 October 17, 2020

Hello everyone. I hope that you are all keeping well and remembering to wear your masks! Can you believe that it has been 7 months since the day life as we knew it came to an end, Some days it doesn't feel that long and other days I wonder if we will ever be "normal" again.

On to better thoughts😊 Do you golf or do you know anyone that does? I'm sure that you have talked about or heard about how that hole was played perfectly. My golf career started and ended with my brother. I went golfing with him one day and I thought, "how hard can this be?" "I've seen them on T.V. and I know how to hold the club". I took my first swing and I stood looking into the distance waiting for my ball to come into sight. I looked at my brother and he said, "Mary, look at your feet". I thought that he was talking about my "perfect stance". I looked down and the ball was still on the tee!!! After three more times, I decided to be his caddy and to stick with mini putt - lol!!!!!




This card was made with the Country Club paper which is now retired. One of the pages was white with black outlined images. They almost looked stamped. I cut the image (there is a female image too but this card is going to a male) using the Stitched Rectangles dies.

                                                                    





I then used that die and the next largest die on a piece of Crushed Curry card stock and ran it through the die cutting machine and I had my frame. You can totally skip this step and just cut the paper with the larger die and then attach your image on top. I didn't do that because I don't have much Crushed Curry so I did not want to waste any.

You can use a larger die for a wider frame if you wish as well.



TIP: I found that it was much easier to adhere your main image first and then carefully attach the frame around it. It is like a puzzle.


                                                                                               


I did the same thing on the inside of the card for the sentiment. I have to confess that I did not get the stamp set so I used my Cricut to write the sentiment.




On the other inside panel, I used the three smallest Stitched Nested Labels dies to cut out pieces from other pieces of the DSP.









I wanted to use as much of the paper as I could so I cut a 2 3/4" X 4 1/4" strip. I then placed the image and the frame on top.

I didn't put a greeting on the front but as it is your card you definitely could. I love the one from the stamp set that says "You're the greatest by par".

We are having cooler weather now but we can always dream of golfing temperatures next year.

Hope you have a sunny day,

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment