JOIN MY TEAM

Sunday 25 October 2020

Snow Wonder

 October 25, 2020

Hello everyone.

The card that I made today has a vintage feel to it. I so do love vintage!!!




This card was made with the Snow Wonder stamp set, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake card stock and  the Poinsettia Place DSP.

I first stamped the snowman on a piece of vanilla - 3 1/2" X 4 1/4" using Soft Suede ink. It is made to look light brown through and around the snowman by taking an aqua painter or paintbrush that is wet but not dripping back and forth through the image. You then let it dry before you do anything else!

While I was waiting, I cut my card base, 11" X 4 1/4" folded at 5 1/2". This card opens from the bottom. I used Crumb Cake. Then I cut a piece of the DSP ( 4" X 5 1/4") and sponged the edges using Crumb Cake ink. I also cut a piece of vanilla ( 2 1/2" X 5/8") and stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede.

I went back to my snowman and there wasn't as much brown on the top, bottom and even some of the sides as I wanted. I very carefully put my aqua painter on a side on the ink pad to pick up a bit of ink and took off the very dark ink on a scrap and then swiped it where I wanted it and repeated. I also did this on the sentiment  AFTER it had dried. You have to be careful because if you put too much water on the sentiment you can blur it.

For the snowflakes, included in the stamp set, I used Crumb Cake ink stamped on a scratch piece of paper first and then stamped around the snowman. This is called second generation stamping. I did not have any Sahara Sand ink or I may have tried that as it is even lighter.

I then distressed the sides of the snowman and sentiment. I adhered the DSP and then the stamped images. For the final touch I added a small bow using linen thread.

I really like the way this card turned out. I got the idea of how to do this technique from a fellow demonstrator, France Martin.

I hope that you have a good weekend and as always if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment