JOIN MY TEAM

Thursday 1 October 2020

It's October already????

 October 1, 2020

Hello everyone!

I can't believe that it is October! Where does the time go?

I want to share a card with you that I made for one of my sons who lives in northern Canada. He just got promoted and had to move to Yellowknife in the NWT. He used to live in a small town of 1200 people but has now moved to the "big city" of 20,000!





I'm sure that many of you have seen the shirt card. It's something that I have always wanted to try.

I followed the directions given by Rachel Tessman on Youtube  --   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFSHo3HobUU&t=2140s&ab_channel=RachelTessman    It will be much easy to follow her tutorial than it will be for me to try to explain it to you! Take my word - lol. 

You will need a piece of copy paper as that is the base of the card and some plaid paper of your choice. I also added buttons from my stash. You can see where the copy paper is folded together in the collar and I did not like this. I have a little "handmade just for you by" stamp. I masked the "by" and stamped a little tag that you would find in shirt collars and felt much better :-)



When you untuck the shirt front from under the collar the inside looks like this:




As I mentioned before, I didn't want where the copy paper comes together to show. I stamped the "apartment" image on to a piece of white card stock to cover the middle and also add some stability. TIP:  The image that I used is from my stash of many stamps that I acquired before I was introduced to Stampin' Up!®. It was a cheap photopolymer stamp made in China and bought on Ebay for 99 cents. Great value right? Wrong!! It sort of lasted long enough to stamp this one image. If I can pass on anything to you it is this:  always buy good quality stamps and in my humble opinion(and a lot of other people as well) Stampin' Up! stamps are awesome stamps and will last forever!!!

I hope that you all have a good day,

Mary

P.S. Don't forget that WORLD CARD MAKING DAY is Saturday, October 3. What cards are you going to make?

        

No comments:

Post a Comment