JOIN MY TEAM

Sunday 30 August 2020

Another Waterfront Card!

 August 30, 2020

Good afternoon everyone

Today I am showing you two cards made the the Waterfront Stamp set found on page 129 of the annual catalogue. The are the same card just with a few variations.





This card is 8 1/2" X 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4". The Olive Green mat is 4" X 5 1/4". The Very Vanilla mat is 3 7/8" X 5 1/8". I ran the Very Vanilla through the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. I then distressed the edges of the vanilla. This is a "cased" card that I saw on Pinterest and I followed the instructions up to this point. The lady that made it had smaller squares and the card was landscape instead of my portrait.

I have to admit that it has been a while since I made these cards and I didn't have the presence of mind to keep the measurements as I normally do. If you see my last post, these are the cards that took about  1 1/2 mths. to make! That being said - I think that the squares are 1 1/2". I cut the squares first and then stamped. For the sun picture, I masked part of the mountain and then stamped the sun. For all three squares I used a Sponge Dauber( I call them finger daubers) with Balmy Blue ink to very lightly make a sky.

The sentiment is from the Timeless Tulips stamp set. TIP: Your stamp set doesn't have the sentiment that you want---look at your other sets. It's okay to mix and match any elements from any stamp sets.

I stamped the sentiment and then punched it out using the Classic Label punch. I also used Linen Thread. I love the thread as it is--soft   is that the right word? lol-- not stiff and so easy to work with. I also put the sentiment up on dimensionals to help to hold the thread in position.

I really liked the way that it turned out. It was for one of my son's birthday who loves the outdoors and travelling. It was perfect!!!






This is the same card just with a different use of the thread and a different label. Once again, this sentiment belongs to a different set. It is from Sheltering Tree which is now retired. I am sure that we all have retired stamps or paper or embellishments so use them! We now have a similar set called Life is Beautiful which is in our mini catalogue.


I hope that you have had a good day,

Mary


These are some more Waterfront cards.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           











No comments:

Post a Comment