JOIN MY TEAM

Friday 13 November 2020

Slimline Christmas Triple Easel Card 2

 Good morning everyone!

I made another slimline Christmas easel card. They are fun and easy to make! This time I decided to make a fancier one and also use some new products that I haven't used before.

The dimensions and basic instructions are the same as the October 21st card.

For this card I used blue foil paper and our Feels Like Frost DSP for the layers. I just love this paper! Expect to see more cards in the future using this paper. One side is white with silver foiling and on the other side are real photos!  TIPS: The DSP is 6" X 6" but the card is 8 1/4" long. What to do?? 
I cut the paper so that the seam would be hidden under the middle popped up sentiment and the middle easel. My second tip is that with this particular sheet of paper you should cut sentiment pieces that don't have a lot of dark branches on them. This way you can see the sentiments. I used Night of Navy ink. Some of the pieces seemed plain so I used the evergreen branch ( it matched the photo on the paper)  from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set. I stamped the branch three, yes three, times on a piece of scrap paper and then stamped some of the image onto the paper to add some interest. That would be fourth generation stamping. I was really pleased with the way that it turned out!

Instead of using three layers this time I just used two. This is my other card.

I used my Layering Squares dies and used the scalloped edge ones. For the black on the card above I changed it to blue foil and for the white I used the DSP except for the card base which I left white.

The sentiments are from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set and the poinsettias are made with the Poinsettia Dies. The dies are so cool! You can just cut out the shape or you can put the middle piece in and it embosses the petals. How neat is that!








TIP: The embossing die only fits in one way. Instead of getting frustrated trying to place it every time, I put a little mark with a sharpie on two petals so I know where it goes perfectly every time! The mark goes on the back of the die.









The card is 8 1/4" X 5 1/2" scored at 2 3/4". You could make bigger squares and still have it fit into a letter size envelope (A10). You must make sure that the squares are squares for the card to work properly. The biggest that you could go would be 9" X 6" scored at 3" and your squares would be 3". You could of course go larger but then you would have to get a special envelope. When making this card, you can't put on too many large embellishments. The envelope would be too thick and once again it would be extra postage.

      



No comments:

Post a Comment