JOIN MY TEAM

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Blossoms in Bloom

I am about to cry😬😭. I just wrote a very long post and it has disappeared. I have tried everything to get it back so here it goes again.

I wanted to make a very feminine, airy and light card. I decided to use the Many Layered Blossoms dies. These dies also come with a stamp set which I haven't played with yet.







I used the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut a window on the front of the card which left a small border - 3/8" on the top and bottom and 7/16" on the sides. I attached an adhesive sheet to a piece of white card stock and then cut out the thin overlay piece. It is so much easier to adhere a thin die cut using the adhesive sheets. You just peel it off and stick it down! I then used some pink vellum from my stash and cut out the bigger piece. In the flower centers I coloured the vellum with a Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blend Marker. Then I attached the white outline. I loved they way the card looked but I realized that I stamped a sentiment or wrote anything on the inside it would totally ruin the vision I had for my card.

I thought not a problem. I will simply make a mirror image and attach it to the back. The vellum was fine. I just turned it over. I think that this is where my brain started to go a bit mushy!! I cut out another white border piece with adhesive and then realized that I can't do the it the same way as it has to be a mirror image. This is were the real mush comes in! I cut out another one the exact same way! I was very frustrated and took a break from the card - an extended couple of days break. I was thinking about the card the whole time though. I watched videos on Youtube and even woke up one morning at 4 a.m. thinking about how I could make the card work!!! So...........

I couldn't think of a way to cut out the border with the adhesive on the back without the adhesive sheet sticking to the cutting plate. If anyone knows please tell me. I ended up just cutting out a white piece with no adhesive backing. I then attached it to the vellum making sure that it was the correct way to create the mirror image. I held the pieces up and you could still see through them. Another so..... I bit the bullet and fussy cut around the image with the piece that I had cut out to make the rectangle. Fussy cutting is when you cut around the image with scissors. It is not bad when the image is simple but when it is more detailed I extremely dislike doing it! Some people say that they find it relaxing -- I am definitely not one of them!!

I then put some liquid glue onto my silicone mat. These are fabulous! Regular glue, hot glue, tape etc. - none of it sticks! We sell them but I got one at the dollar store. Then I dabbed a sponge (HINT: cut your sponge into six pieces and you can use it for so much more) into the glue and covered the back of my image by dabbing the glue all over it and then adhered it to the fussy cut piece. I did that back and front. I knew that some would hang over the side of the frame so I did not put glue on those yet. I positioned it and took some glue on a small paint brush and adhered those pieces. I had finished my card!!!! You can still see through it at spots but I can write on it and it will be fine.






 


The nightmare but absolutely

 gorgeous card -

 in my humble opinion😃!











This is the inside that one would see

when they open it.







I had two die cut outlines that I did not want to throw out so I made two more cards.

For the first one, I die cut some white vellum and adhered it to a Night of Navy card base. I haven't decided what to use it for yet so I did not put a sentiment on it. I think that it could be an all occasion card.



I am trying to use up some of my DSP. I die cut a piece from the Perennial Essence DSP which is now sadly retired. It was like Monet paintings. You could seriously frame and hang one of the papers!

On the outline piece, I used a finger dauber and put some Petal Pink on it and then attached it in the same way. I used Petal Pink card stock. For the sentiment I used the Classic Label punch. It is a thank you card for one of my customers.




It is interesting how one card layout can look so different.

I'm done and it is saved just in case anything happens again. As always if you have any questions please feel free to contact me. I hope that you have a good day and stay safe,

Mary



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment