JOIN MY TEAM

Tuesday 6 October 2020

Back On Your Feet

October 6, 2020

 Hello everyone!

Today I have a trio of cards from the stamp set Back on your Feet. They are so cute and sure to put a smile on the recipient's face(which is good as they would be not be feeling well)!

The first one is the sloth. If you look closely you will see that I signed his cast - lol!



I used Very Vanilla card stock. The Pear Pizzazz card layer is embossed with a leaf embossing folder. The sloth was stamped in black and I used Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Old Olive Stampin' Blends to colour him. It is a 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" card that opens at the bottom. The green layer is 5" X 3 3/4". You can make the "sloth layer" any size because it is your card!

The next card is the giraffe card with the sentiment "This is not good.". I sent this to a friend who had broken their collarbone. OUCH!!



I used Mango Melody for the card stock along with 6" X 6" DSP Brights Assortment from last year's Annual Catalogue. I love the gingham and the Mango Melody is such a fresh colour! It is a 8 1/2" X     5 1/2" card, scored at 4 1/4" and it opens from the side. I used a border die from my stash for the side of the front of the card. The gingham strip on the front of the card is 1" X 5 1/2". You use another strip for the inside of the card so that it will show through the cut out portion. I used a 5/8" X 5 1/2" strip.

I used Stitched Rectangle dies to cut a piece of Whisper White card stock for the inside sentiment and also for the giraffe. I used a stitched circle die to cut out the words. To colour the giraffe I used Stampin' Blends -- light Mango Melody, Crumb Cake and some light Granny Apple Green for the grass.

This is the inside:


For the final card I used the turtle stamp. Both he and his sentiment "Hope you're back on your feet again soon." are so adorable! My daughter dog walks until her place of work opens again. I think that she is looking at sometime in the new year unfortunately. Anyway, one of her clients broke their leg so this card is going to her.




I used a Whisper White card base - 5 1/2" X  8 1/2" folded at 4 1/4" so that it opens at the side. I used the same 6" X 6" DSP except this time in Soft Sea Foam with a pattern. The turtles were cut using stitched circle dies. I coloured the turtles using Stampin' Blends - light and dark So Saffron for the inside of the shell, light and dark Old Olive for the outside, light Mossy Meadow for his legs and light Crumb Cake for the side of his shell and dark for the soles of his feet. For his head I used light  So Saffron and let it dry and then went over it with light Old Olive. It just added some interest to make his face a bit of a different colour.

I just love the inside sentiment:



That's it for me today. I hope that you all had fun on World Cardmaking Day but most of all I hope that none of you need one of these cards!!!

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Wear your masks and stay safe,

Mary


2 comments:

  1. Wow I love the gingham strip with the border die on your giraffe card. Looks so nice, perfect sizing!

    ReplyDelete